Many newbie bloggers search for “can I use two SEO plugins in WordPress?” The answer is your WordPress site allows you to use two SEO plugins. But we strongly recommend you shouldn’t use two SEO plugins simultaneously in your WordPress site.
If you do so, it can cause a costly error on your site. We highly recommend you employ only one SEO plugin on your WordPress site. Using two SEO PLUGINS on your site is a bad practice. It will result in a conflict situation.
Google and other search engines will fail to understand your site’s SEO plugin settings. Using two plugins reduces your site’s visibility on search engines and significantly affects the SEO results.
We have developed this comprehensive guide to explain this topic more clearly. So, let’s dive into the in-depth discussion.
Can I Use Two SEO Plugins In WordPress?
The motto of installing SEO plugins are same. But the settings and features of each SEO plugins are different. Effectively configuring an SEO plugin is simple. But sometimes, inexperienced or newbie bloggers make some costly errors. And the most common mistake is utilizing two SEO plugins on your WordPress site.
The recommendation is you should employ one SEO plugin on your website. Otherwise, you will have huge issues with your site if you use two SEO plugins. Installing and setting up two SEO plugins on your site will result in conflict. Moreover, the search engine becomes confused regarding which SEO plugin settings it should consider.
Therefore, we recommend you install one SEO plugin on your site to increase its overall search engine visibility. You can improve your site’s SEO results using Rank Math or Yoast.
Moreover, you can use the SEO Ultimate Pro Plugin on your site. This plugin has outstanding premium features. And it’s pretty complex to use. Another new yet effective SEO plugin option is Rank Math. The popularity of Rank Math is rising rapidly. In recent years many users are switching to Rank Math from Yoast.
When you build and start your website, first, you need to select one SEO plugin. Start using a specific plugin and stick with it. If required, you can change your site’s SEO plugin once. But using multiple plugins like Yoast or Rank Math at a time will cause problems with your site’s SEO.
The Risks Of Using Two SEO Plugins
The general rule of thumb is the more, the better. But in the case of using WordPress plugins, this universal rule doesn’t work. Instead, in the case of using SEO plugins, less is more. One is enough if you have the best active plugin that covers all your requirements.
Your WordPress site allows you to install several plugins without considering that you have a plugin. By allowing so, WordPress creates a dilemma for you. Installing two SEO plugins on a WordPress site comes with several risks. Let’s now sequentially analyze all those risks:
- While using multiple SEO plugins, each plugin can become incompatible with others.
- When you install multiple or more than one plugin on your site, it gets ugly. On the editing screen, you will see several meta-boxes that create confusion. No meta-box can follow the WordPress Style by 100%. Too many Meta boxes worsened the usability of the WordPress editor.
- Multiple plugins in your site affect the server’s Time To First Byte (TTFB).
- The web loading times significantly increase due to installing multiple plugins on your site. Your WordPress Editor’s usability has become worse over time.
- The real post-loading time and data transferring time have increased significantly.
- Performance may suffer with multiple plugins, as they add meta-information. Meta-information may be repeated unnecessarily, confusing, and potentially contradictory values.
- The quality of plugins may be low and may break existing plugins.
- Virtual Diogenes syndrome is a real issue- only one plugin is needed to do the same job.
- Poor plugin management can cause problems and errors.
- Unnecessary meta-boxes can complicate the user experience.
So, adding more than one plugin to your WordPress site will result in the problems mentioned above. We highly recommend you install only one plugin on your site.
Before installing and setting up the plugin, ensure it’s high quality. Also, make sure that your installed plugin will fulfill all your requirements.
Alternatives To Using Two SEO Plugins
Using two or multiple SEO Plugins creates havoc on your site. Therefore you must find the alternative of using two SEO plugins for your WordPress site. And those are:
1. Choose the Right Plugin: Before installing an SEO plugin, ensure it is of high quality and will not conflict with other plugins you have installed.
2. Update/Enhance Your Existing Plugin: Many plugins can be updated and enhanced with additional features. Doing this can help avoid the need to install multiple plugins.
3. Optimize Your Site Manually: You can optimize your website manually by making sure your content is relevant and up-to-date and by adding Meta descriptions and titles to your pages.
4. Utilize Google Search Console & Analytics: These tools can help you track your SEO progress, identify areas of improvement, and make changes accordingly.
5. Hire a Professional SEO Consultant: Hiring a professional SEO consultant can help maximize your site’s SEO potential. They can analyze your site, provide feedback, and help you make the necessary changes.
Choosing The Right SEO Plugin
SEO plugin significantly affects the rankings of the blog of your site. Therefore selecting the correct SEO plugin for your site is essential. But many newbies blogger don’t know how to choose the right SEO plugin for their WordPress site.
Here we will help you. While selecting the SEO plugin for your site, you should consider several things. And those are:
- Consider the available features of the SEO plugins that you want to select.
- Check the rating before finalizing the plugin. Users left the comment after using a plugin, check that comment.
- We recommend you inspect all the reviews to get a better idea about the plugin. Check the reviews on the official website of the plugin.
- You can check out the plugin reviews on Reddit, Quora, and WordPress also.
How To Know Which SEO Plugin Is Better?
Several SEO plugins are available in the market. But which SEO plugin is better it’s an important question. Which one is better? Its answer depends on your goal, what you want to achieve, and your requirements. To reach a solution, you can take the professional’s help or can do some research.
For your WordPress site, there is no lack of SEO plugins. Moreover, all the plugins come with special and unique features. So, it takes a lot of research to recommend one specific plugin over another. However, before taking any decision regarding which plugin is best for you, we recommend you do a little research on the following plugins:
- SEO Ultimate Pro
- Google XML Sitemaps
- All-In-One SEO Pack
- Rank Math
- Ninja SEO
- W3 Total Cache
SEO plugins are extension modules for browsers, content management systems, and software solutions. The SEO plugins with unique functions and tasks expand the source software’s scope.
Simply SEO Plugins play several crucial roles. The SEO technique helps discover and connect your site using different search engines like Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc. Therefore, you need to pick the suitable SEO plugin that will work best for you.
You can take the SEO plugin setup service from ExertPro.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which SEO Plugin is Best for WordPress?
Several SEO plugins are best for your WordPress site: Yoast, All in One, Rank Math, W3 Total Cache, MonsterInsights, etc.
Which is Better, Yoast or All in One SEO?
All In One and Yoast SEO Plugins are the best and have unique and special features. But while comparing these two, All In One SEO is best than Yoast. Compared to Yoast, All In One wins because of the better user experience, ease of use, control over different features, etc.
Which is the most popular SEO plugin?
The most popular SEO plugins are Yoast, Rank Math, All In One, Premium SEO Pack, etc.
We are at the end of this discussion. Hopefully, you now get the answer to your question, “Can I use two SEO plugins in WordPress?” Obviously, you can use two or multiple plugins in your WordPress site.
But using two SEO plugins is a very bad practice, creating several problems for your site. Therefore we recommend you use only one SEO plugin in your WordPress site.
From our end, we have explained everything. Don’t hesitate to comment if you want to know more. Soon we will reply to you.